Charles E Tuttle Co. 17th prtg 1987
8vo F/F 595 gms
(Order reference 12763).
A fully illustrated introduction to the traditional art of Japanese fencing-its essential nature and its basic techniques. The first book in English to describe and analyze this famous sport.
Over 100 photographs and drawings
Major subjects presented include
* origin and history of kendo
* basic kendo principles and techniques
* physical and psychological aspects of kendo
* relationship between kendo and Zen
* traditions governing kendo etiquette and techniques
Clear-cut descriptions of the most important strikes, offensive and defensive positions, and training exercises.